Wednesday, March 9, 2011
Who's Got Your Back?
When it comes right down to it, I think what keeps a lot of marriages together after the passion dies is knowing that somebody has your back. If I lost my husband tomorrow, I think I would miss that the most. No matter what happens, no matter how angry or annoyed he is at me, there is no doubt that he is there looking out for me. He may sometimes be heavy-handed about it, growling and snorting, but his heart is in the right place and he only wants what's best for me. We may disagree at times about what that is (oh, yeah!), but my back is covered. I feel a little ashamed because I don't think I do the same for him, but on the other hand, he defends himself so strongly that he doesn't seem to need me for that. There have been times I disagreed with a stand he took, or something he did, so strongly that I didn't back him up. There have also been times that he backed off after realizing he had come on too strong. Marriage and relationships never stay in the same place. What works one day doesn't even begin to work the next. People keep changing, their needs and wishes keep changing, and you just have to hope that you're growing toward each other rather than apart.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment