Thursday, March 3, 2011
Who are we, and why are we here?
OK, no philosophical question at all, but serious inquiries. Who are we? We've been married almost 19 years, both married multiple times (between us we have 7 marriages), and because of the circumstances under which we met, everyone predicted it would never last. I think it's lasted this long because we were going to prove them wrong. Actually, we do care about each other, but sometimes it's hard - marriage never came easy for me. It's really hard to totally trust somebody else to always be there, to do the right thing, to never hurt you, etc. etc. Maybe my expectations are too high, but at this point in my life, there are no plans to start over. So, you do the best you can, get through the day and sometimes, just sometimes, wish it could be a little better. Face it, girl, the excitement you used to feel will never be there again - the heart-pounding, palm-sweaty, can't-wait-to-be-alone feeling. Not sure if I could conjure that up even for a stranger, or George Clooney. And the price I paid for all of those feelings......I won't do that again, and probably shouldn't have done it before. But it was sweet!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment